28 February, 2010
To Sachin Tendulkar..from a layman..err..a laywoman..uff..whatever!
Okay...first things first...
1. I have not watched a cricket match in like maybe a decade now*stop giving me those ‘if-looks-could-kill’ looks and don’t ‘eewww’ me as an outcast either...I’d sue you for discrimination or racism or something like that*I think it has not been since I got married and thereby got interested in ‘other’ games*wink, wink*
2. I don’t have much idea about Sachin’s strokes except some few of what he does on the field*hehe...yiyyeee(along with my jump on the bed n doing the famous yippee dance) Now go ahead and contradict me on this one you Sachin fanatic...tell me of his strokes in the confines of his bedroom...huh huh...bolo, bolo...ab chup kyon ho gaye?*
3. ‘Square cut, hook and straight drive’ are terms that send my gullible mind in TOTALLY different connotations*please don’t ask me to elaborate...already a dear friend and reader here has suggested ‘adult filter’ for my posts...after this I would get space only under Rakhi Sawant’s quotes* And as if that’s not enough...cricket has more terms to divert my innocent, straight-assuming line of thought into lateral thinking...silly point, gully point, fine leg???????????????? *now can you really blame me?*
3. Whenever I think of Sachin...I somehow picture him bending down a little to adjust the positioning of his legs, with his bat raised high*please don’t kill me...I have nice things to say too, I promise**and no I don’t have a one track mind either*
4. Dear father, forgive me for I have erred...I have watched him more in the commercials *"aile pepsi"* than doing that thing he does on the field*okaaaaay I am sulking now and you win...I truly am a loser...stop copying my yippee dance...it only looks good on me...on anyone else it seems like a rip off from the circus...that should calm you down!*
5. I always quote him while flirting with a younger guy... “Age is just a state of mind....see Tendulakar’s wife is older than him...yet they click and how”*needless to say I never win the guy at the end of this reference*
6. I can copy Sachin’s squeaky voice*oh now come on...even for a fan...you’ve got to have some amount of reasonability...nobody’s perfect and you’d admit that Sachin can never be a NOBODY...yiye yiye...finally got you on this one now...And you don’t even give me one of Sachin’s trophies for this...acha, 2-4-5 crores he de do uske yaar*
7. I also HAVE to go against Sachin’s case when my students tell me... “Ma’m what’s the point in studies? See even Sachin never went to college and look where he is now!” *I have to remind this wise guy then that if Sachin didn’t go to college at least he wasn’t caught behind the bush like you are often...I also have to tell him that this is not how you score a ‘sixer’ and hitting upon 50 girlfriends do not qualify for half a century!*
8...oye no 8...*bas seven he bahut hain...they call it “lucky seven” for nothing...maybe after this you’d still continue to read...*
Here are some great quotes that have been circling around since that 200 Sachin got for himself...
*I make 200 everyday...200 passes that is...and nothing ever echoes back to me except ‘grrrrr....hush...hurrrr’*
Darn...some guys have all the luck...I wish some of his lady luck brushed down on me too*and by the lady I don’t mean Anjali and by brushing down...errr.....never mind!!!!*
"Nothing bad can happen to us if we're on a plane in India with Sachin Tendulkar on it."
Said Hashim Amla, the South African batsmen
*Ya, right...if we get to board that plane that is...after being hounded by the press n public all through the way!*
"To Sachin, the man we all want to be"
Andrew Symonds wrote on a t-shirt for Sachin
Hmmm...but if you’d all be Sachin...imagine the plight of his wife Anjali...!!!!!!!!
*okay if I am killed by the end of this...mom, dad...I love you and my dear beloved...please take a while before getting those insurance claims on the life policies you issued in my name...smart guy you are, I now realize...you knew I’d be assassinated sooner or later for my big mouth*
"Even my father's name is Sachin Tendulkar."
- Tendulkar's daughter, Sara, tells her class her father's name after the teacher informs them of a restaurant of the same name in Mumbai.
*Ooo Sachin...please adopt me...I promise to be a good girl...err...woman...and write better stuff about you and watch every match and even their repeats and never ever insist on sleeping between you and Anjali mom*
'I Will See God When I Die But Till Then I Will See Sachin'
- A banner in Sharjah
*now I can only wish I were some female form of Sachin Tendulkar...of course taller, with a huskier voice, sexier n with long straight hair n playing 'other' games...Acha okay...the only similarity should be the way he is idolized yaar...ufffffffffff...half the world's GUYS are crazy about him even though he's not a gal with assets...**P.S. add the bank balance too, to list of similarities*
To sign off guys...there’s just one Sachin Tendulkar and we all love him....
*Amit, this last sher I have taken from your status...thanks to you, Saurabh and Rishi for your quotes that inspired me to this post*
“तुम बुलंदियां चुमते रहो, हम यूँ ही उड़ते रहे , तुम मील के पत्थर बनाओ , हम सफर करते रहे | तुम यूँ ही जीतते रहो, हम यूँ ही जश्न मनाते रहे.. तुम यूँ ही खेलते रहों, हमें ज़िन्दगी मिलती रहे !”