Amazing people who make me go on n on n on:)

25 February, 2010

I Miss Missing You!


And then he asked her,
Did you miss me while I was gone?

And then she looked soulfully at him and said,
“I missed missing you!”

Not satisfied, half dubious and half baffled, he probed for his mad heart given to infinite love even after years of togetherness, suddenly needed a childish reassurance.
He wanted to hide it...
She wanted to hide that she had seen it!

She wanted to pull his leg after he had pulled her to him-the first long stretch of separation had pulled at the chords of their emotions.

He looked questioningly at her, so she smiled, giving up the tease.

And she said, Let me make up for all that I rarely say now...
For all that I feel still and all that you might wanna hear of me always.

I have pined for the feel of your bodily presence just a few inches away, for whether within my reach or not, yet it is so reassuring to know if I stretched my hand out to touch you, you’ll be there.

I nag about getting less time with you but when I don’t get even those few hours of the day with you, I realize how they are enough to keep me going!

24 hours without seeing you or getting embraced in a tight hug and I begin to crumble like the petals of a flower left unsheltered in the sweltering sun!

I don’t mind then, whether you are just engrossed in the newspaper, watching the television more intently than me, forgetting to notice if I had a new haircut or just nodding while I rant about all that went haywire in my newly tried and spoilt lemon cheese cake*which you more than make up by gulping it all down eventually*

For I know when I need you to react, I just need to have a five minutes of silent expression on my face and then you’d be calling me five times from work to ask me if all is okay.

It’s like I am used to of the thought of you being around me...
The dread of you being away never crossed my mind because I think this as unthinkable!

You may not be any Superman despite the red ones that I got you, yet you make me feel armoured, snug like an embryo not wanting to bloom.

I derive pleasure from watching you move around me doing the mundane-whether it is related to me or not!
I watch you when you sleep like a baby*looking so cuddly*, snore when you are over worked*though you refuse to accept it*, talk on your cell phone while watching the walls, sing along the lyrics of songs*which you have no clue of* and dance like nobody’s watching you.

I try to remember your touch that gives me goose bumps and tug at my arms with my own hands to feel that feeling again.



I snuggle at your skin in a long sniff so that the feeling lives with me through the day*how I wish I could bottle up your natural fragrance!*

It makes me smile within when you stare at me while I unconsciously slip back that lock of hair behind my ear, when it playfully falls on my forehead or I bite my lips in thought...

When you put a finger on your chin, watching me puzzled whether to wear the red tunic or the pink one. I ask you to tell me which I should pick and you laugh with a jeering glee, for despite your expert opinion, you know I would pick what ‘I’ like eventually...

I notice with sly delight, how you akimbo right in the middle of the room, trying to rewind in your mind the errand that was just there a split second ago and now you can’t remember it. I scrunch my nose also unseen to you when you frown about it.

I may harass you to keep your things in order, but look forward to picking up the wet towel from the floor or the worn shirt spread across the chair...the primness of the surroundings were tormenting me more!

I cry my guts out when you forget to be romantic or talk less than you did before yet thank my lucky stars constantly that you don’t forget to be ‘you’.

I may say a hesitant ‘yes’ when you ask me for permission for a boys’ only night out but never do you say an insistent ‘no’ even when I act unreasonable.

When you talk and I show that I am listening to you with undivided attention but I am actually constantly distracted by the way your palms and eyes express more than your words....

So even when you are there and not in my arms...I miss you with your presence.

And when you were gone...
I missed missing you!

21 comments:

Vagabond said...

LOVELY! =)

Suruchi said...

Thanks VG:=))
Love itself makes it all
LOVE-LY:))

Wicked Witch of the West said...

Beautiful! The sentiments and the writing. Love it!

Unknown said...

suruchi...i can so very much relate to what u have written...it brought a smile to my face,BEAUTIFUL n so very touching..

Suruchi said...

@W3...Hey...nice to have you around...and thanks...I kinda loved it too as I was writing it...:-))
Love,love,love...love love;-)

Suruchi said...

Hi Shalu di...
Thanks...I'm glad about the smile...It suits u anyways...
So keep smiling...
Anyone in love would know the feeling:-)

Hope you stay in love always:-))

shikha said...

beautiful !!!you have the knack of tugging at the heartstrings....cos one can relate to wotever u write..just love reading ur blog
:-))

Unknown said...

how well written this is...i had no idea that u wre following me..ill assure u of mjy presense here..:)

Suruchi said...

@Shikha...thanks yaar...
I guess love is a universal phenomenal...anyone who's loved ever, would find a glimpse of herself/himself whenever love gets mentioned...

I just hope my writing brings a smile n never a tear...
So keep that big smile up Shiks...
Love is all around us:-))
Love never ends or fades...:-))

Suruchi said...

Hi Madhu...
I like reading u...simple yet effective...that's u...:-)
Thanks for stopping by:-))

Mr. "Niraj" Lemon said...

Excellent..Must say!! great work

LITTLE ON THE EDGE said...

cute!

Suruchi said...

@Niraj and Little on the Edge...
Thanks guys:-)))

Weirdo guy said...

you know as much as i oppose mushy stuff you seem to write it in such a way that its likeable by even people like me...


and i like that !

*woot* :P

Nipun said...

It was a nice read, Chips. It's simple yet so effective. The writing shows how you love someone in spite of all the inconsistencies in them. There are bound to be things that irritate you, but when you are in love... you tend to look beyond these inconsistencies. In fact, you tend to love those not-so-consistent things about them. These are the little things that one remembers when you lose someone or when someone is not around.

I guess, I've rambled enough. I'm not making much sense either. So, I'll just hush.

Keep On Rockin'...

Take Care! :)

Suruchi said...

@Weirdo...AG...awwwww....that's so cute...it's almost verging on mush...hehe...:-)

*feeling flustered*
I like this too;-)

Suruchi said...

@Nips...nope u have not rambled enough...that's for me to decide when enough's been reached...
Ab kuch to mere say bhi hone chahiye na...yeh mera wala blog hain aakhir;-)

No hushhhhhhhhh...only mushhhhhh
Hahaha...
Thanks...
N I guess inconsistencies are a part of every human being...love is loving them too:-)
For if you want things to change...then you love yourself more....:-)

Anand Madhav said...

there is something about the post...it kinda makes you relate to yourself..at least did so to me..

Great work Suruchi!

Suruchi said...

Thanks Anand...:-)
I am guessing here that there's love somewhere there...that's bringing in the relativity:-)

Sh@s said...

Absolutely loved this piece and its so true.

Suruchi said...

Thank u Shas...
keep coming back here:-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...